Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Closer Look

I have to say that I have really been enjoying creating my blog entries each day. And now I have another month of blog entries to look forward to!


I am finding that the process of maintaining a blog helps me to stop and look at everyday objects as well as the art of photography a little closer. The photo of the buttons (above) is just one example of how ordinary objects can become subjects for photography and exploration.


The buttons caught my eye and I decided to take a closer look. I like their different colors and patterns. I really like the fact that I could use my 60mm lens and get a close up photo. And with photo editing software, I could do a sepia version as well as a color version of the very same buttons.



3 comments:

CG said...

Nicely observed Kathy, and good use of DOF :)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is very nice Kathy and works both as color and sepia. I am bad at looking at the smaller more intricate things, always looking at the bigger picture and forget to look at what makes that up. Nice shot and well seen

Pat said...

Very nice, Kathy.

Never thought of shooting buttons but what a lovely image you made!