Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Spy


I took my camera with me while doing an errand in our downtown area today. I spotted this dragon-like creature at the edge of a driveway, so I took a photo. Unfortunately, the back of the dragon was cracked, so I decide to do a close up shot.
The dragon is located outside of a building which was probably constructed during the 1920's. The building has an Art Deco type of design and the dragon fits right into the period details. I have never seen such an elaborate sculpture such as this one outside of a building!
It has been a bit warmer here with the temperatures about 0 degrees C (32 degrees F) during the day. We still have snowbanks and streets lined with brown and gray looking snow. So, I am still looking for object to photograph during this dull, dreay days. (Fortunately, I didn't get snow in this photo.)
I may try some more floral shots inside soon. What have you been photographing lately?

7 comments:

Pat said...

Great colours, Kathy! And so shiny!

We still have lots of snow here as well and I'm just craving for spring to arrive.



Pat's Photos and Guelph Daily Photo

CG said...

I love the way he has his eyes closed and his nose resting on his paws.

I'm really enjoying the indoor photography I've been doing lately. I got some little wooden figures like AB's and my friend and I are having a lot of fun with them! Plus i try to put into practice what T taught me when taking flower shots.

Spring will surely be with you soon, Kathy xxx

Anna said...

I have been outdoor a lot lately....in the city, walks etc...I am going to do more indoor shots like the one I did yesterday of the musical instruments...

talj said...

Such lovely colours! Glad to hear it is a little warmer for you there!

Anna Ridley said...

I love the pensive look of this statue - what a great spot it was!

Hang in there Kathy - spring isn't too far off. The snow will melt, the sun will shine, and the flowers will bloom - and you will get wonderful photos of them!

xoxo

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Kaycee I havent checked in for a few days so was glad to see your NY pictures and hear that you had such a great time. Maybe one day I will get there. I have to say that my experience of living in a big city (London) has cured me of the hustle and bustle for good and I quite like living in a town with a population of about 7 or 8 000.

Your photo today is very unusual, I wonder what it depicts. It must have some meaning or myth attached to it.

Lori

Kaycee said...

It is so good to read all of your comments!