Sunday, February 25, 2007

Give My Regards To Broadway!



Yesterday, I traveled to New York City with my friend Mare. We took the train to the Big Apple and visited Times Square and the Broadway Theater district. I took this photo of Mare with my Canon point-and-shoot camera. (She is standing next to the poster for the play "Wicked". It is one of her favorite plays. I saw it with her a few years ago.) Mare took some photos of me, so I will try to get copies and post them here.

I didn't take the DSLR and all of the photography equipment because we were just visiting NYC for the day. So, I have several photos for my scrapbook. (Some time I will stay in New York City for a few days and bring the DSLR in order to take some "artistic" shots.)

The hightlight of our day was attending the unforgettable play "Les Miserables". Mare and I were very fortunate to see this play in 1991. (I will never forget seeing Colm Wilkinson playing the lead as Jean Valjean!) I have to say that it was wonderful to see the revival of this classic play on Broadway again. I knew all of the songs by heart! Here is the link to more information about Les Miserables: http://www.lesmis.com/index.htm

It was so uplifting to be able to experience the sights and sounds of this remarkable play once again. This classic tale of good vs. evil still has so many lessons for us to learn today. And many of the lessons which are woven through this play speak to so many hearts. As Victor Hugo, author of this classic once wrote, "It is from books that wise people derive consolation in the troubles of life. "

It was so good to spend the day with my dear friend. I will post more about my impressions of New York City in my blog tomorrow.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Kathy, I'm so happy that you enjoyed your day with Mare! That's a lovely photo and nice memories for you.

Glad you had a safe journey!

talj said...

Looks like you both had a lovely time Kathy! I hope you can get a photo of you to show us too! :o)

CG said...

That sounds like a great day out for you both. Les Mis is a real favourite of mine too. I hope we get to see the photos Mare took of you too.