Saturday, February 3, 2007

Purple Passion

























I often find myself spending winter afternoons photographing flowers inside using natural light. Fortunately, I can usually find pretty flowers to photograph at my local grocery store or florist.

Usually, I use simple backgrounds for the floral shots. I like to use foam core board or fabric as the backgrounds.

The good thing about this kind of photography is that I can go back and experiment with the same kind of shot. I would like to go back and redo this photo of the iris. I will try to use reflectors in order to work with the natural light. I would also like to get a better depth of field. What do you think about this image?

"Practice, Perseverance, and Patience - Win always. " ~Charles Atlas

4 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

I love your flower photography - so elegant. This is a beautiful iris, and I like the limited depth of field; I find it works really well here.

Looking forward to more!
x

Kaycee said...

Thanks for your comment, AB! I was wondering if the dof was too limited. It is good to see the photo through another person's eyes.

CG said...

Beautiful and unusual composition; I felt this looked really "different" and I like the framing too :)

Pat said...

I also like the framing, Kaycee and the iris is beautiful.

I apologize for not being around much this past week. I so enjoy your blog entries but life for me has been hectic. ;)