Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Better Days To Come

I thought that I would post a floral photo that I took at a local nature center last spring. Flowers always seem to make me feel better, especially when I am feeling down.
I have the heating contractor coming on Thursday to install a new furnace. I am glad that I am switching from oil to natural gas. However, I am worried that I won't have any heat tomorrow night. And that is a big worry here.
It seems that it has been one thing after another lately. I guess that is life. Photography does help to lift my spirits and brighten my days.

4 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

Keep your chin up - brighter days really are just around the corner.

I always enjoy your work with flowers; you photograph them from a different perspective to the norm and the result is a fresh take on a subject which is always beautiful.

CG said...

That's another nicely composed image, Kathy, very pure somehow.

I know what you mean about one thing after another...sometimes things seem to just keep coming at us without us having time to catch our breath! I am glad photography cheers you up (as it does me!) and I find doing a virtual tour of these photography blogs also helps as I feel more connected, less isolated, especially in times of stress. xx

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

CG I agree, I have found photography to be my saving grace on many occasions. When the babies are born I will spend hours in the field just watching them with my camera on hand. The neighbors driving down the road must think I am nuts but that is my relaxation. In the spring we get a lot of wild flowers springing up and I shoot those too, your flower photos are awesome and are inspiring me to try some different stuff this year even if it means going out to buy flowers for the experiment.

Keep on smiling, I know how you feel beieve me, I am also really enjoying these blogs. Believe it or not I met my husband over the internet while I was in England and he was here in USA but that is a whole 'nother story LOL.

Keep em coming.

Kaycee said...

I feel so much better just reading your encouraging words, AB, CG, and Lori. I really enjoy visiting these photo blogs, too. We may be spread out in terms of miles, but photography brings us together!