Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pillars of Faith







I made this image during the fall season, but it is symbolic of what I am feeling now. Life has a way of getting me down lately, but I am almost back to my old self because of some wonderful people that I have in my life. Friends and family members are the "pillars" that God has graced me with.

It is so encouraging to find such kind messages posted on my blog! Photography really does join us together, no matter where we live in the world or what is going on in our lives.

My family (especially my Mom) is a real source of strength. I cherish my nieces and nephews and they are so loving. My dear friend, Mare, is always here for me. And S, my sweetheart, is always around to listen to me and make me laugh.

And I have some special friends at work who are there to help me. Thanks so much T and C! You are so kind, even when others at work are inconsiderate.

"Gratitude is the memory of the heart." (Jean Baptiste ) I will cherish these memories of kindness in my heart!

5 comments:

CG said...

A beautiful photo and nice thoughts for today, Kathy. i'm going to think about my own "pillars" and maybe post them later :)
Have a great day x

Kaycee said...

Thanks, CG. The contractor is here to install the new furnace and he should be done this afternoon. Now I am a bit more hopeful.

Anna Ridley said...

I have always loved this photo of yours, Kathy. I find the warm fall colours so soothing.

You're right about how photography brings us together - I think about all the people I've met, either in real life or online, who have become very dear friends... it's wonderful!

x

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is a lovely symbolic photo, especially as it is in those beautiful autumn colors. I am glad that you have "pillars" to lean on, they are essential when you are struggling.

Anna said...

Thanks for the reminder of those people and my Savior who strengthen me. That photo is perfect for the words that you have chosen. Wonderful images on your blog.