Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Things Are Going To Get Easier



I really miss nature's awesome colors during these drab February days. The trees are bare, the snow banks are a fine shade of brown and it seems like it will be weeks until the spring flowers are in bloom.

So, I have been spending time just photographing bunches of flowers that I purchased from the floral shop. I continue to work with natural light. The photo to the left is another one of my experiments.

I really look forward to being able to take long walks at the local nature center when the flowers and spring breezes appear once again. Some day ...

Of course, I have song lyrics in my head that match my mood. Here is the refrain from the 1970's one hit wonder for the group The 5 Stairsteps. It's called "Ooh Child".

Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier,

Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter,

Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier,

Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter

Here is some simple wisdom from the 1970's!

5 comments:

Natalya said...

What a lovely little song Kathy! Your flowers shots are great! Sometimes its nice to just send a little time arranging and taking photos of flowers, they can be so interesting and have so much potential! I hope that you will soon see spring and be able to get out and about more!

{{{HUGS}}}

Pat said...

Ohh, how I long for spring, Kathy.

I love your tulips and it just reminds me to spoil myself a bit by going and purchasing some for myself.

I was looking at them the other day but kept walking. Now you've encouraged me!

CG said...

Lovely light and nice shallow DOF Kathy. Keep smiling and being positive. You do me the world of good!!

Anna Ridley said...

I simply love this song - have done as long as I can remember.

Your tulips are utterly beautiful - you've captured the wonderful nature of them. They're my favourite flowers. I so want some to photograph now too!

xox

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

It wont be long and the tulips and crocuses with be springing up all over the show in the parks on the traffic circles and in the gardens in England. Can't remember where you are located Kathy but it wont be long, I keep telling myself that too LOL

I love this shot, very soft and bright.

Lori