Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary To My Parents



My parents are celebrating their 44th wedding anniversary today. They were married before family and friends on February 16, 1963. My Mom said that it was a very snowy day. Guests had difficulty traveling to the church as well as the reception.

They honeymooned in New York City during the week after their wedding. They went shopping and sightseeing. However, the newlyweds got the flu while on their honeymoon. They said that they still tried to have a good time.

Their marriage has been an inspiration to me as well as my siblings. Of course, they have had their trial and tribulations, but they have built a solid marriage. They are the parents of six children and grandparents of five grandchildren. And they continue to guide each member of our family.

And so I offer them this quotation in honor of their anniversary, "An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow." (Anonymous)









4 comments:

CG said...

What an inspiring marriage Kathy. Congratulations to your parents.I hope they have many more happy years together.

Your photo is lovely - so delicate and pretty xxx

Anna Ridley said...

Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary - an inspiration.

Wishing them many, many more years of happiness.

A beautiful floral tribute to them - soft and delicate. Lovely!

x

talj said...

Congratulations to your parents Kathy! Lovely image, nicely composed and great detail and colours :o)

Pat said...

Ohhh, lovely colours, Kathy! How nice to be celebrating 44 years. My eldest son was born that year over in Ireland! ;)

My time flies! I'm so enjoying your blog, Kathy.