Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wildflower



I have heard some songs lately that have cheered me up during these snowy and blustery days. One of these songs is "Wildflower" by Skylark. (I really like some of the songs from the 1970's!) I can related to the lyrics. Here are some of the lyrics as well as a link to the Midi song version:


"Wildflower"~ by Skylark (1972)

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/wildflower.htm

She's faced the hardest times you could imagine
And many times her eyes fought back the tears
And when her youthful world was about to fall in
Each time her slender shoulders bore the weight of all her fears
And a sorrow no one hears still rings in midnight silence in her ears

Let her cry, for she's a lady

Let her dream, for she's a child

Let the rain fall down upon her

She's a free and gentle flower growing wild


Sometimes I want to be just like a free and gentle wildflower. (I took the wildflower photo last spring at my favorite nature park.) I would like to use the creative side of my personality more instead of worrying about little things in life so much. I want to stop and experience the beauty of nature during every season. And I want to learn about my life by thinking about the symbol of the wildflower growing in the spring.



4 comments:

Pat said...

Kathy, what a lovely image of the Wildflower.

I like the lyrics of your song as well and I'm sure that you'll achieve your goals in time.

Anna Ridley said...

A beautiful wildflower image, and another thought-provoking post! :) I really enjoy your blog; your posts make me take a step back and think more carefully about my life and my photography.

I know you will achieve whatever you put your mind to!

xox

CG said...

That is such a pretty and delicate flower, Kathy, I think they grow here too.

As AB says, your posts always make me reflective. It's a shame that our lives get so busy we sometimes struggle to find time to THINK and reflect properly.

talj said...

I don't know ladies....sometimes you can have TOO MUCH time to think!

Lovely image Kathy, great use of DOF and nice colours :o)