Monday, February 12, 2007

Celebrating with Heart


I had a lot of fun photographing these popular Valentine's candies. I smile whenever I see these conversational hearts (with witty messages written upon them). The candies remind me of my childhood. My parents always made sure that each holiday was special (including Valentine's Day). My sister, brothers, and I would always find little treats at the breakfast table on Valentine's Day from my parents. They would even give each of us a Valentine's Day card, too.

My parents taught us to celebrate life, even the simpliest joys. And I still remember these simple joys: hot cocoa on a cold winter's day, watching fireworks, sipping cider and eating popcorn in the fall and baking Christmas cookies.

Now my parents are celebrating with my nieces and nephews. It is wonderful to see the next generation learning about life from my loving parents.

And my parents are still treating me to life's simple pleasures!
(I am sorry that this post is late. I had trouble uploading the photo last night.)

2 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Kaycee

It sounds like you have a close and loving relationship with all of your family from your parents down to your nieces and nephews. My family is all over the world at the moment and I very rarely communicate with any of them which is such a shame. Enjoy this valentines day, I hope you get to share it with all of your family.

Lori

CG said...

What sweet memories you share of your childhood. You make me wish i was a better mum!!