Friday, February 23, 2007

Waiting for Spring...Again!


I am definately ready for spring to arrive in this part of New York State! Yesterday, the temperature was just over 0 degrees C (32 degrees F.), but we had some snow last night. Today it was sunny, but colder. The temperature was about
-7 degrees C (20 degrees F) with a very chilly wind.
The high snow banks are everywhere, even though they melted a bit yesterday or the city has begun to cut them back. I feel like I am living in a gigantic igloo that is never going to melt. (Well, the snow banks may start to disappear in June!)
So, I went back through my photos again. This is the photo of the waterfalls that I wrote about yesterday in my blog. The falls are used by a company in order to harness hydroelectric power. This is why the falls are on private land. However, the company allows the public to visit the falls during a few weeks in the spring and fall.
I really enjoy visiting this area during the spring and autumn. There is usually more water flowing during the spring, but the autumn colors are beautiful in this area. I enjoy walking the trails and lugging my camera equipment around. I usually end up meeting members from my local camera club there.
So, I am looking forward to the spring weather so that I can go and visit Trenton Falls again at the end of April or in May. I know that I have taken photos here before, but it will be wonderful to get out, hike, and take photos. It always amazes me when I can go out and take different photos of the same subject with a fresh prespective. As Marcel Proust once wrote, "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
Hopefully, I am going to New York City tomorrow with my friend Mare. (I am praying for a safe trip!) We are taking the train to the City. We will see "Les Miserables" on Broadway. I am going to bring my Canon point and shoot camera, so I will try to take a few photos. (I only bring the DSLR when I stay in NYC for a night or two.) I hope that everyone has a great weekend. I will check in on your blogs again on Sunday!

5 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

I love revisiting favourite locations; it's amazing what a different day, varying light and a fresh perspective can do!

Beautiful falls - I'm looking forward to seeing the photos you take there this spring.

xox

CG said...

Thanks for the pic of the falls, Kathy, they are lovely! I hope you have a great day with Mare. I love "Les Mis" and it must be great to see the Broadway production. Hope you get a few photos from your day out!!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

That is lovely. You can visit the same place as many times as you want it will never be the same each time, so don't worry about going back again and again you will always get something different.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to NYC and I feel your pain about the ice, snow drifts and the feeling of being in an igloo.

Keep warm.

Lori

talj said...

Hope you had a safe visit to NYC, I wish I was there with you!!! :o)

Pat said...

Really nice photo of the falls, Kathy. I'm so happy that you posted it. I love waterfalls.