Thursday, February 22, 2007

Creative Eyes




It is another snowy evening here in Central New York State, so I thought that I would go back and look at some of my photos. I was looking for photos that showed ordinary objects in more artistic ways.


The photo that appears to the left is call "The Old Barn Door". I spotted the old barn one fall day while I was walking along a path heading for another destination. In fact, I was going to see a local waterfalls. Now , Trenton Falls is by no means comparable to Niagara Falls. However, it was worth the hike in order to see it. (Trenton Falls is on private land and the public is allowed to come and view it a few times per year.)


The barn was on the same private property. I really liked the contrast in colors and textures between the old barn doors and the goldenrods (which are actually weeds). The old barn doors were actually one of my better shots that day. (I am draw to old barns just like our friend Pat.)


So, I tried not to limit myself that day and take only photos of the waterfall. Hopefully, I will be able to visit Trenton Falls again in the spring in order to take photos of all of the surrounding area.

5 comments:

talj said...

The falls sounds like its a lovely place! Nice picture today, I bet you are eager for spring to arrive and to be rid of the cold!! :o)

CG said...

I like the silvery tones of the wood against the green of the barn. It certainly has a lot of character! How about some photos of the falls too?

Anna said...

Very nice shot...it is calming to me. What is is about old barns? :) Have a great weekend!

Anna Ridley said...

I love the weatherbeaten and aged barn door - wonderful textures in the wood. Old barns are great!!!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is a nice shot, isn't it a shame that so many of these old barns are dissappearing because they are just a maintenance nightmare in this day and age.

Have a nice weekend.

Lori