Thursday, March 1, 2007

Santuary


The wintry weather seems to be in full force here in Central New York State. Tonight we are getting sleet and freezing rain mixed in with snow. And the wind is just howling outside, too. This lovely mixture is falling on our enoromous snow banks.
So, I am trying to think about more pleasant thoughts. I am posting this photo because of all of the soothing green hues. I took this photo last spring at my favorite local nature perserve. It is called Root Glen and it is located on the Hamilton College campus in Clinton, New York.
I like to visit the area with my camera in hand. (Many local photographers go there, too.) There are many trails for hiking. There are benches thoughout the area, too. Birds sing and streams babble and meander. You can just be alone with your thoughts and it is such a peaceful place.
This is another one of my special places to just sit and think. Do you have such a favorite place?

5 comments:

talj said...

What a beautiful place this looks and such lovely greens! No wonder you like to sit here!! I have lots of special places that I like to imagine I am sitting at, particularly the beach in Cromer. Many happy memories there, one day when all this is behind me I'll be out there enjoying all those places again....and I can't wait!

I hope that you stay safe and warm and that the miserable weather doesn't last too much longer for you {{{HUGS}}}

Anna Ridley said...

This looks like an ideal place to sit and contemplate life. A serene and tranquil surrounding, beautifully photographed.

I have lots of places I like to go for some thinking -- one of them is the beach. There's just something about sitting there listening to the waves that soothes me.

Hope you stay safe and warm!

{{HUGS}}

xoxo

Anna said...

My sanctuary is my home. Silly I know. Lots of stuff going on here...but being so far fro home, everything that is familiar to me is within these four walls of my house.

Beautiful post....

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Kaycee

I can certainly relate to how you are feeling except that yours is worse than ours just in the sheer scale of the storms.

I love your picture, it has helped cheer me up too, I have been feeling down too recently. It looks like a great place to visit and I am sure before you know it this terrible season will be over and we can enjoy all the beauty of nature again.

We dont really have anything around here, it is corn and soy bean growing country and is very flat and uninteresting so I get my relaxation going out to the field when the horses and their babies are out if we have babies and just sitting watching them interact and trying to capture it on "film".

Stay safe and warm, thinking warm thoughts for all of us. ((((HUGS))))

Lori

Pat said...

Kathy, I have some places like this and as I was thinking of what I would say in answer to your question, nearly all of the places involve Jack. We've been to them all together at one time or other. So now I just love to go and sit and think a bit.

Your photo is just lovely today!