Sunday, March 11, 2007

Simple Delights


I am still searching for simple, everyday things to photograph. Today I was in the grocery store. I thought that I would buy some flowers, but they did not look fresh and healthy. However, I spotted some colorful mini marshmallows, so I decided to purchase them so that I could photograph them.

I was able to use natural light, but I ended up using some white card stock to reflect some of the light. Oh, I finally received my remote camera switch in the mail and I put it to good use. Now I can keep my hands completely off the camera while the photo is being shot.

It was fun to make this photo. The mini marshmallows remind me of simple delights in life: daffodils in the spring, a good cup of coffee, chatting with a friend, scrapbooking, reading a good book, and listening to music.

I am a bit behind with my blog entries, but I will catch up soon. Of course, I will be sure to catch up in visiting your blogs, too! I hope that everyone has a good week!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Kathy, that's a great shot and I would certainly love to own a remote for my camera. Anna has a super one and we used it in Niagara Falls.

Did you eat your marshmallows after you took the photo?

CG said...

LOL, I was thinking the same as Pat...did you eat them? the light here is nice and subtle.

I just got a remote for my camera! It's tiny and I'm scared I will lose it but it's really handy.

Anna said...

I would write more but now I am craving a nice hot chocolate with marshmallows! Thanks a lot! :)

Oh yeah...nice shot!

Kaycee said...

Mmmm...marshmallows! I did eat some after I was done photographing them!