Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Ahead

I thought that I would post the companion to the crocus photo that I posted here yesterday. This is another close up shot that I did with my Canon point-and-shoot camera. My goal was to work with composition and color.

The weather here in Central New York State is finally beginning to improve. The temperature was actually 13 degrees C (56 degrees F) here today. We had some sunshine this afternoon. There is snow cover on the ground (along with ugly gray snowbanks), but it has begun to melt.

I am looking forward to seeing signs of spring flowers. I may have to wait at least a few weeks, but I am hoping to see snow drops and crocuses in the near future. Hopefully, the deep snowfall didn't ruin the spring flowers this year.

We are suppose to have warmer temperatures and rain tomorrow. I just hope that this situation doesn't create flooding problems.

I hope that everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

CG said...

The comp and colour are great here Kathy.
I hope warmer weather and spring flowers are on their way to you. It's been t-shirt warm here today!! xx

Anna Ridley said...

A superb macro, Kathy! I just love the composition and the detail is tremendous.

I am so glad that springlike weather has finally arrived. Hope it lasts!

xoxox