Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Longing for Spring


It has been a strange winter here in the middle of New York State. It was very mild through the end of January. We didn't have snow until then and we thought that the rest of the winter couldn't be so bad. And then February. The big snowstorm was just one month ago. We received 27 inches of snow in one day and then another 10 inches a few days later.
Today, that snow is melting and the rains have come once again. I am waiting with much anticipation for just one beautiful spring day: mild temperatures, soft breeze, and spring flowers in bloom.
Oh, I really miss those spring blooms! I took this abstract tulip photo last spring. I really liked the contrasting colors and water droplets. I just can't wait until I can get outside with my camera and take more floral photos. I never seem to tire of taking photos of nature's miracles!
What is your favorite part of spring? Do you have spring weather where you live or is winter still hanging on like it is here in Central New York State?

2 comments:

CG said...

Your photo today has a really abstract look to it.
We have had warm and sunny weather the last few days but today is grey and apparently rain is forecast for the next few days :( The daffodils are out lining the road through our village. They look so beautiful. Fingers crossed your warmer weather is on the way xxxx

Anna said...

Cool shot. I love to see water drops up close in photos, it adds to the dimension of the image. The colors are great too.