Friday, March 16, 2007

Where's Spring?


It is snowing again as I sit here at the computer. We had some warmer days and the snow started to melt. Now it seems that winter is back again and we may get between 6 and 10 inches of snow by tomorrow.
I am so discouraged! I managed to get the same virus or bug that the children and teachers have at school. Let's just say that I have a variety of symptoms at the moment. And now I have to go out and shovel that dreaded snow. (I hear sirens in the area right now, so I hope that there aren't too many accidents.
And to top it all off, we found out this week that our spring vacation will be three days shorter this year. We will have Good Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday off, but not the rest of the week. This is because our local schools were closed for seven snow days this winter. We are only allowed 4 snow days.
I thought that I would post this snow drop photo to cheer myself up. I hope that everyone is well and has a very good weekend!

4 comments:

CG said...

Poor Kathy...{{HUGS}} Hope you feel better soon. We are supposed to get snow next week too...it will be a real shock after the warm sunshine of this week. I wish I could give you a hand with the snow shovelling. xx

Anna Ridley said...

Oh Kathy {{HUGS}} Hope you feel better soon!

Wish I could do the shovelling for you (throws a snowball at CG! LOL)

I do love that shot of the snowdrop; the delicacy of their appearance belies their resilient natures.

xox

Anna said...

I dislike snow....ALOT! I am sorry that you have to deal with that stuff! I hope it melts soon for you...

and nice pic! :)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I really feel for the east coast, you guys have had a dreadful winter. I was in the doldrums too and we only had 18 inches the one day and a few inches on three other occasions. Our temps have been allover the show and we are hovering around freezing again, but before you know it spring will be here. I am sure you guys are like we are here, always a few cold snaps before spring settles in. I am sending warmer thoughts your way.

I adore your flower photos, the snowdrop is beautiful!!

(((HUGS)))) and keep your chin up things will get better.

Lori