Friday, March 9, 2007

Experiment



I am finding that it is fun to experiment with my camera. Although this photo of a CD isn't ready for gallery viewing, it was still challenging to work with composition, colors, reflections, and an ordinary object.

In addition, I have also tried photographing such everyday objects as forks, keys, stuffed animals and peacock feathers with varying degrees of success.

There isn't too much to photograph here in Central New York State during these March days. Everything outside seems drab and gray. Our spring flowers (including the snow drops) are still buried underneath mountains of snow and ice. Hopefully, the clear light of April will bring spring breezes and flowers.

It is good to be able to work with the camera inside when the weather just will not cooperation. So, I am off to look for some more common objects to photograph. Any ideas?

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I totally think the same way you do...I love your pics of everyday objects...this one too!

Go to my September archives and find the post called NOT SO ORDINARY.....this gives you an idea of what I photograph when I run out of ideas!

Hope that you like it! :) I was amazed at the shots I came up with....

Let me know what you think of it!

talj said...

Not the easiest thing to photograph at all!! You've done really well to get some good colours here :o)

CG said...

I think this is great Kathy...I'm inspired to try something similar :)

Anna Ridley said...

You did really well to capture this, Kathy - it's not easy to photograph. I love indoor photography, and trying to look at everyday objects in new ways. I had a lot of fun a while back taking photos of forks and egg cups.

xoxo

Pat said...

Kathy, won't be long till spring now! I just know it!