Monday, March 19, 2007

Blessings


Tonight I am going to try and think of the blessings that God has given to me in my life. It has certainly been a long, cold winter, but I know that there are better days ahead.

The most beautiful blessing are the people in my life. I have been thinking about how much my parents always done for me and my siblings. My parents were always home and spent time with us. I always felt safe when I was a child and that is a tribute to my Mom and Dad. They taught me such lifelong values as doing my best, treat others with kindness and respect, and celebrate the little things in life.

God also brought S, my love and best friend into my life. He listens to me, makes me laugh, and holds my hand. I feel so comfortable with him around, even when we are silent. And we can finish each others sentences. He has taught me about trust and forever love.

And there are my darling nieces and nephews. It is wonderful to see myself and my siblings in this next generation. It is a joy to see my parents with their grandchildren.

My very good friends are like hand picked flowers in a garden. My friend Mare is like a sister to me. And I have to thank my friends who read my blog for all of your support. You are wonderful!

I also find comfort in God's creation. I posted one of my favorite sunset photos above in order to remind me that there is beauty all around, even in the depths of winter. I look forward to being able to get out with my camera and photograph the natural world once again.

2 comments:

CG said...

A beautiful photo and a very moving tribute to the people in your life, Kathy. Am sure you are equally treasured (as you are by me, your long-standing e-pal) xxx

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Kathy that is a spectacular Sunset. I love a good sunset. Your St Patrick's Bear is very patriotic LOL.

The Peonie is beautiful. I really like these macro shots of flowers.

I hope that the warmer weather comes to you soon. We are sorta in between at the moment but it is bearable, just muddy so I feel your pain.

Keep your chin up and know that I always have all of my blog friends in my thoughts. I am so glad that I have met you all.

((((HUGS))))) because I think you need them.

Lori