Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Get to the Point: A Digital Photo Project

I was viewing some of my first photography projects when I came across this one entitled "Get to the Point". The original photo was taken with my trusty Canon point-and-shoot camera. First, I took a photo of ordinary yellow pencils. Next, I used Paint Shop Pro and created a digital photo art project.

I liked the effect of the digital editing technique. Now the ordinary pencils almost look like they glow in the dark. It's fun and challenging to use programs such as Paint Shop Pro because the possibilities are endless!

I have been spending a lot of time inside because of the terrible weather that we have been experiencing here in Central New York State. We had white out conditions on the roads yesterday due to very high winds. It was below 0 degrees F here this morning and the wind chill factor made it feel like -25 degrees F. We had yet another snow (or I should say cold day) here. This makes the 7th snow day that we have had (all in February and March.) That's a record! We will probably have to make up at least 3 days, so the school year will be extra long!

So, it is good to spend some time looking at my photos!

3 comments:

Anna said...

This is great. My kids like it too (we are homeschooling today)....they said they want one! hehehe.

I really do like playing around with my shots in Photoshop depending on my mood. Well done.

CG said...

I like how the pencip points look metallic. I'm glad you're finding things to occupy indoors Kathy, and I'm praying that spring is on it's way to you soon XXX

talj said...

I'm wondering where CG buys her pencips ;o) Cool shot! Hope the weather picks up for you very soon :o)