Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Forget Me Not

I thought that I would post another photo from the Root Glen nature center. These forget-me-not flowers will be some of the first spring plants to bloom. I really liked the way the delicate blue flowers stood out against the rough tree bark.

We are very fortunate to have such a nature center in this area. The gardens and hiking trails are very well kept and people enjoy the nature center during all of the seasons.
Root Glen seems to be ever changing. It is indeed a magical place to visit and see what is in bloom.

Root Glen is a lovely place to just be able to walk and think. It is a very tranquil place and visitors are very respectful of each other as well as the beautiful environment.

It would be wonderful to have more of this tranquil places devoted to nature's beauty in our world. Do you have a special place such as Root Glen?

"Silently one by one,
in the infinite meadows of heaven,
Blossomed the lovely stars,
the forget-me-nots of the angels."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

6 comments:

CG said...

I love forgetmenots...I have masses of them in my flower borders. They look very effective against the tree bark.

I love the hedgerows in the lanes around our village. There is so much life and nature there to enjoy. Lots of wildlife too.

Anna said...

I love them too! The posts I have missed (just two!) are wonderful Kaycee! Very nice. I also like the texture and depth that the bark adds here.

david santos said...

Hello, Kaycee!
This fhfo is very nice. Thank you
Have a good weekend

Pat said...

Ohhh, forgetmenots! Love them! They are so delicate and I just never get tired of photographing them.

Nice photo, Kathy!

Pat said...

Ohhh, forgetmenots! Love them! They are so delicate and I just never get tired of photographing them.

Nice photo, Kathy!

Anna said...

Just checking in...hope all is well there!