Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Beautiful Season


Spring is officially here! There is still snow on the ground here in Central New York State, but the days seem to be getting a bit warmer and the days are definitely longer. It is wonderful to hear the sweet sounds of the birds once again.
I am looking forward to spending time at my favorite local nature center. It is called Root Glen. The Glen is kept in pristine condition by a local university. There are all kinds of walking trails. Small brooks meander through the Glen. Spring will bring a host of beauty: daffodils, bluebells, tulips, peonies and bleeding hearts. The above photograph was taken at Root Glen.
I am able to get some ex cerise while I look for my photographic subjects at the Glen. I have done a lot of floral and nature shots at the Glen, but the gardens make excellent backdrops for portraits.
Do you like to make nature photos, especially during the springtime? As Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, " "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. "

1 comment:

CG said...

Hurray! Spring has come! What a lovely spot the Glen must be. I like the delicate green tones in your photo a lot!