Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sammy


This is my nephew Sam. He is now five years old and attends kindergarten classes at school. He is four months older than my niece Rachel (his cousin.)
Sammy has big brown eyes and curly brown hair. He loves to visit my parent's house because he can run in the backyard and play with his cousins. Sam loves music, cars, and dinosaurs.
Unfortunately, Sam lives with his parents (my brother and sister-in-law) in New Jersey and my family only gets to see him a few times per year.
I am glad that I have photographs of him. I was going through more photographs tonight and found this one of Sam in action. The photographs really help me to feel closer to Sammy across the miles.
The joyful part of photography is that we are able to create lasting memories. I have started a scrapbook for Sam, too. I have all of his baby and birthday photos in there. (Sam was born a month early, but it happened to be my brother's birthday, too.) In addition, I have photos of Sam at his martial arts class as well as his trip to Disneyland. Now I have his kindergarten photo in there, too. I can look at his scrapbook and feel closer to him. That's the power of photography.

4 comments:

talj said...

Lovely shot, he looks like a real character! :o)

CG said...

i love his hat and his curly hair :)

Anna said...

Loving the hat! :)

Kaycee said...

Yes, he is a real character and he is only 5 years old! I hope to see him more often now.