Sunday, March 4, 2007

Make A Wish


I had a wonderful visit with my niece this afternoon. Kay is a very lively eight year old who just announced that she has goals! She thought of these dreams all by herself and said that they were not for a school project. Here is her list:
--- Visit Hawaii
--- Learn to play the drums
--- Learn to ride horses
--- Learn more about cameras
--- Save money
--- Become a Librarian when she grows up
What an impressive list of dreams and goals! She even wants to learn more about photography. (I call her my photography assistant and let her use my Canon point-and-shoot camera.) I am especially proud of the fact that she wants to follow in my footsteps and become a Librarian when she gets older!
I am posting this photo of Kay blowing bubbles because it reminds me of her wishes. " God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them." (Anonymous) Although her goals will certainly change and evolve, it is refreshing to know that she is already dreaming about what she would like to do in the future. And there is no better time like the present to help her to begin to achieve her goals.

6 comments:

Ash said...

Lovely portrait!

Anna Ridley said...

I so enjoy your portraits of your nieces. This one encapsulates the joys of childhood so well. Congratulations to Kay on her dreams - wonderful ones they are, too!

You rightly deserve to be thrilled that she wants to follow in your footsteps, Kathy. You are a wonderful aunt, and a lovely friend. :)

xoxo

Anna said...

WOW....I am missing my nieces and nephews a lot! :) Nice image that I am sure you will treasure for a long time to come....

CG said...

This really made me smile. She's lovely and i like her goals! I wonder if there will still be libraries when she grows up? Or will they just be part of history??
xxxx

talj said...

Your niece is lovely!! :o)

Kaycee said...

Thanks for all of your wonderful replies!