Friday, January 26, 2007

New York, New York

"Start spreading the news! I am leaving today. I want to be a part of it, New York, New York."


I am off to New York City tomorrow. My very dear friend (I will call her Mare) is celebrating a big milestone birthday. We are off for a day of fun in the City. First, we will see the play "Mary Poppins" on Broadway. Of course, we will go shopping and then go out to dinner.

Usually, I visit the Big Apple at least a few times a year. The City is an exiting place: art museums, the Empire State Building, sporting events, Broadway and much more. There is nothing like the hustle and bustle of the City. (The graffiti even looks artistic in New York City, even though it is vandalism.)





Graffiti~NY City Style (taken during my last NY City visit)

My NYC Itinerary for Jan. 27

7:30 am - Drive to the train station in Albany, NY

10:15 am - Train Departs for NYC

12:30 pm - Hopefully, the train will arrive on time at Penn Station, NYC

12:30 - 1:30 pm - Shop and sight see

2:00 pm - Mary Poppins play at the New Amsterdam Theater

5:00 - 8:00pm - More shopping and dinner

8:30pm - Board train for Albany, NY

We will then drive back from Albany to Utica and probably get back very late! I hope to post photos of our trip. I am going to bring my Canon point-and-shoot digital camera because I can't lug all the DSL camera equipment around with me for the day. So, I hope to at least get some photos for the scrapbook!

I hope that everyone has a good weekend, too!


4 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Have a great time, your feeling about your trips to New York are about how I feel about London, like it for a visit but would never live there again!! Lots of graffiti there too, and wonderful museums and architecture. My favorite time in London was early on Sunday mornings (about 6.30 - 7am in the summer) when there were very few tourists about especially in the Hyde Park area.

Be careful and look forward to your photos.

Kaycee said...

Lori, you are correct. I really like to visit NYC, but I don't think that I would like to live there. I guess that I am too much of a "nature girl". I like to be able to visit the many lakes, parks, and mountains here in upstate New York.

I would like to visit London sometime, but I think that I would really love to visit the Lake District in the UK (with all of my camera equipment!)

Anna Ridley said...

Have a wonderful time Kathy!! I've always wanted to visit NYC, but the closest I've come is a 1 hour stop in Penn Station when I took the Amtrak train from Montreal to Philadelphia!

Looking forward to hearing about the play and your day. Enjoy yourself!

xox

CG said...

I remember when we met up at Shea Stadium and saw the Mets play Kathy!! It was so much fun to finally meet you.

NYC is one of my favourite places, I've not been there since I got into photography and I can't wait to go back and take photos there some day.

Hope your trip is a lot of fun!