Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Be At Peace


I often find it difficult to relax after a long day. My brain continues to race with thoughts and worries. Unfortunately, I seem to have very long lists in my mind at the end some trying days: work concerns, family obligations, weather-related woes, and lack of time to spend with friends.

One way that I use to slow down and just be at peace is to take some time to enjoy looking at my photos. I especially like to imagaine that I am back at the place that where I took a nature-related photos. I imagine myself setting on a bench by the lake, enjoying the cool breeze as well as a beautiful sunset. I look deeper into the lake and appreciate its mirror-like qualities. My breathing slows down and my mind stops racing. Soon, I remember what is important in my life. "Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world. "~Hans Margolius

And so I am grateful that I had the opportunity to take this photo of Skaneatles Lake (see above) on a chilly day, just before the snow came again. Hopefully, I will be able to make more photos that will help me to meditate on what is really important in my life.

4 comments:

CG said...

That view would certainly soothe a troubled mind Kathy :)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Nice natural framing, maybe a slightly lower perspective would have silhouetted the bench a bit more but that is nitpicking. Nice peaceful picture.

Pat said...

I'd love to see that bench someday, Kathy.

It's just a beautiful scene.

Kaz said...

I love this one nice and peaceful my favourite places.