Sunday, January 7, 2007

Key to Creativity

Ansel Adams said, "You don't take a photograph, you make it." I have been keenly interested in photography for almost two years. Photography has provided me with a outlet to express my creative side. My goal has been to learn about the basics of photography so that I can manipulate light.

The photo posted here is one that I took last winter. I really felt that I "made" the photograph. It was a bright sunny day and the light was streaming in my window. I put a white piece of paper down. Then I used double sided tape to attach the key. The sunlight cast such a bold shadow and I loved the strong graphic design.

My goal this year is to "make" more photographs like this one. I will continue to learn how to take control of the camera and its settings as well as to study the beauty and power of light. Hopefully, I will be able to post my own Photo A Week here in my blog.





4 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Kaycee!

I've always enjoyed that photo of yours and it's very interesting to read how it was "made".

Enjoy your year and I hope we can share with each other tips and suggestions throughout the coming months.

Love

Pat

Anna Ridley said...

Hi Kaycee! I so love that photo, and I'm so glad to see it here.

Good luck with your project this year; I know I'm looking forward to it.

Love,

Anna xoxo

CG said...

Goodluck with your PAW x

Kaycee said...

Thanks so much for all of your encouragemnet Pat,AB and CG!