Sunday, January 14, 2007

CJ And His Papa



My nephew CJ is six months old today. His Papa (my Dad) is celebrating his birthday today, too. So, I thought that I would post this recent photo of CJ.

CJ is so precious and a very good baby. (Please excuse the drool!) He looks a lot like my brother-in-law's family. However, we have been looking at my Dad's baby pictures, and CJ looks resembles his grandfather: dark hair, big brown eyes, and those chubby checks.

Although this photo is not a formal portrait, I really like the fact that I was able to capture his adorable expression. I am creating a scrapbook for CJ (just like am I doing for his big sister and cousins) and this one is definitely going to be included there.

Photography has enabled me to make photos that will hopefully become keepsakes. I may not have studio equipment, but I have learned more about such things as using the flash unit. (No red eye!) I am getting better results when taking this king of informal photo and that is a reward in itself.

I know that I will continue to take photos of CJ( as well as my family and friends) just for the sheer joy of it. Photography provides us with so many opportunities to make keepsakes of those special people in our lives. We may not always have the best lighting conditions, backgrounds, or the latest photographic equipment, but we have the desire to capture memories. As the Italian poet Cesare Pavese wrote, "We do not remember days, we remember moments. " Remember to take time to capture these moments through the art of photography.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Ohhh, what a bonnie lad!

And you've captured such a special expression on his face!

Great work, Kathy!

CG said...

What a gorgeous baby.

Kathy, you're very wise. I read and I learn :)

Kaycee said...

Thanks again, Pat and CG! I hope to take more photos of my nephew soon!

Anna Ridley said...

CJ is absolutely adorable, and he's growing so fast!

Definitely a photograph to treasure, Kathy.