Monday, January 8, 2007

Friendly Feline Vs. The Flash


Recently, I purchased the 580 EX Speedlite flash for my Canon Digital Rebel XT. Although I always prefer using natural light, I felt that I needed a way to capture images inside, especially during the winter months.
Here is one of my first attempts using the flash unit. I also purchased the Gary Fong light difuser system so that I could bounce the light. (This unit looks like a piece of Tupperware on the end of the flash unit!) I had my camera on a tripod.
I just love my cat, Belle. She is very loving and loyal. She will even go downstairs and checks things out if she hears something in the middle of the night. However, she does not like the camera! She will run away from me even before I get the camera out of the bag. So, I thought that this is a good photo of her.
Photography equipment lets me capture images from my everyday life in fun and creative ways. Now I try to look around me and look at my surroundings with "new eyes". Edward de Bono said, "Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way." How true!
So, I will continue to really "see" things around me. This is the joy of photography!

4 comments:

CG said...

This is a lovely portrait. B&W cats are hard to expose for. She sounds a nice companion. Our latest kitten is much the same. He is named after Shea Stadium LOL

Anna Ridley said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I think you did a great job on this - the exposure is spot on and I love her expression. What a loyal friend she is!

Kaycee said...

CG, Shea is a great name for your kitten! AB, Belle is a great companion.
I am going to continue to work with the flash and exposure levels.

Pat said...

Lovely kitty!