Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Disappointing Day



I am so disappointed about my New York City trip. I had car trouble on my way to my friend's house, so I ended up staying here. Here is what happened:


I got in my car and started to Mare's house at 6:50 am. The car started all right, but I didn't get far when my car died right in the middle of the street. I was frantic! The car just wouldn't start.

So, I called my friend and told her to go without me. I was extremely disappointed. Mare didn't want to leave me in the middle of the street, but I told her to go. (She had to leave in order to drive to Albany, NY and catch the train there for New York City.)


Fortunately, my sweetheart came right over and push my car to the side of the road. I had the car towed to the car dealership. (Hopefully, they will be able to repair the car tomorrow. ) S was wonderful. He calmed me down, dealt with the tow truck driver, and then took me out for breakfast. What a morning!

Mare understood the situation and was worried about me. She called me on her cell phone from the train to see if I was all right. Mare even took me to do some errands today. We are going to try again and go to New York City at the end of February. Here is a photo of Mare that I took recently:



"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."( ~St. Thomas Aquinas) In the end, I am very fortunate to have people who really care about me in my life.

2 comments:

CG said...

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry that your lovely day didn't turn out as you expected. I hope when you manage to reschedule the trip you have a great time! What a lovely photo of Mare and I like the quote about friendship.
Hugs
J x

Pat said...

Very nice Kathy. So happy to see this photo.

I know how much you were looking forward to this trip but you just never know the reason behind why these disappointments happen in life.

I always think that there was a big reason for them happening as you and I have discussed in the past.