Saturday, January 27, 2007

Birthday Wishes


Mare, my dear friend, is celebrating the big 5-0 today! I am so happy that I will be able to celebrate her birthday in New York City.
We have been friends for 17 years. Mare and I were hired as school librarians at the same time. I have to say that we have been friends from the first day we met at a library department meeting, and our friendship has grown over the years.
I truly cherish the friendship that I share with Mare. We are like sisters. I can always talk to her and she accepts me for who I am. Mare and I talk about good books, relationships, work, and hobbies. Some of our favorite things to do are working on sewing projects, watching movies, go for walks, and going to New York City.
Mare’s friendship is indeed a valuable gift. She has brought so much joy into my life. And so I offer her this quote to celebrate this special day, “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” (Marcel Proust)
So, I would like to wish her a very Happy Birthday! I hope that her birthday is a very special one. May she enjoy health, much happiness, and prosperity in the years to come. And here is to a very special friendship!

3 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

Happy birthday to Mare! Wish her a very special day please :)

Enjoy yourselves!

CG said...

Happy Brthday to Mare from here in England.

I was very moved reading your post today. A true friendship is such a great gift and certainly to be treasured and celebrated.

Pat said...

I do hope that Mare had a wonderful day, Kathy, even though it didn't turn out the way you both had planned.

Tell her that a person up here in Ontario was thinking of her special day!