Sunday, April 1, 2007

New Life


There is always something new to see at Root Glen, a local nature center. I captured this little fern just peeking out of the ground. It is incredible to see new life after the 7 feet of snow that we had in this area during February!
Now I look forward to walking and hiking at Root Glen in the spring and summer. Some of the paths are still too muddy to use, but that will change soon.
This tiny miracle gives me hope that better days are yet to come. I hope that everyone has a good week. I am looking forward to celebrating Easter next Sunday.

2 comments:

CG said...

I thought that was a little caterpiller!! Just returned from a lovely trip to the Lakes; daffs and newborn lambs everywhere plus glorious sunshine!! Kathy, when are you coming to visit?? Spring would be good; get you away from the last of an NY winter!
HUGS

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Ferns make wonderful subjects. We have some in our front garden, this makes me want to go out and check ours now to see if they are starting to sprout!!! Thanks for the reminder and a great macro shot.

Lori