Tuesday, April 24, 2007

For Arts Sake


On Friday evening, I attend the opening of a local photography show. A group of local citizen is working on improving the quality of life in our small Central New York city. This enthusiastic group is called "For Arts Sake". The focus of their efforts is different types of artistic forms, including photography.
I entered their first juried show (held at Baggs Square) and had my photograph accepted! The photograph is entitled "Art and Architecture". (I have posted it here on my blog several times). It is a real honor to have my photography displayed with local photographers whose work I really admire. (I posted a photo I took with my point and shoot camera. It isn't the best, but it will give you a chance to see the show.)
I had a wonderful time at the opening. I was able to chat with some friends. In addition, I had the opportunity to see my photography teacher. (He was the judge for this show.) I could feel all of the creative energy in the air!

2 comments:

CG said...

How exiting Kathy. Glad you had a good time!!!

Anna said...

Sounds fun...I always love seeing other peoples take on life through their lens....

:)