Friday, April 6, 2007

Photography Club Workshop


I attended a workshop at my local camera club this evening. The presenters were two camera club members. They showed photos of local places and events that provide interesting scenes to photograph- everything from old barns, waterfalls, wildflowers as well as the balloon fest.
The women did a great job. The photos were inspirational. They even gave printed directions for all of the locations. Hopefully, I will be able to visit some of these places once the weather improves here.
The presenters reminded us that photographic opportunities are all around us, including our own backyards. I took this photo of an antique car at a local antique car show that is held annual at the local museum.
I am going to take more notice of local events, festivals, and celebrations for their photographic opportunities. In addition, I am going to go to local places such as the train station and the zoo for more photographic ideas.

2 comments:

CG said...

that's a great plan, Kathy. I'm glad you found your evening an inspiration.

carmilevy said...

I love their philosophy. It's thinking like this that has fueled my own growth as a photographer. So I'm always jazzed when I see others spreading the joy.

On its own, your work is so rich and thought-provoking.