Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Local Photography Show

I just found out that a local arts organization is sponsoring a juried photography show. The chosen theme has to do with life here in Central New York State. The entries are due in a few weeks, so I am in the process of deciding what I could enter for judging.

I am going through some of the photos that I have taken that have to do with the theme. Some of you may remember the photograph posted above. I call it "Art and Architecture". I actually shot through the glass to create this collage effect. The photograph was made at our local museum. The glass corridor connects the modern art museum called Munson-Williams-Proctor with Fountain Elms, a Victorian era building.

I think that I will be taking a chance by submitting this photograph because of the collage effect. However, I like the effect and I think that it will hightlight our local musuem.

In addition, I would like to be able to get out and about with my camera and take some photos of the local area. However, the weather is still not cooperating. We may even get 1 or 2 inches of snow tomorrow!

What do you think about entering this photo into the judging process? I appreciate your thoughts!

2 comments:

CG said...

I have always loved this photo so I would say "Go for it". It is one of my favourites and one that I think shows great composition and real thought.
Keep warm if it snows, Kathy xxx

Anna said...

YIKES...but GO FOR IT...you will always wonder if you don't do it!


:)