Monday, April 16, 2007

Longing for Sunny Days


Spring just does not want to stay here in Central New York State. We have been experiencing a storm called a Nor'easter here for two days. The moisture is coming up along the Atlantic coast. The storm system first raced across the Midwest part of the US before gaining more strength along the Atlantic Coast. So, we have had rain, wet snow, freezing rain and now plain rain. The temperatures have not been higher than about 3 degrees C (37 degrees F). There is a slushy accumulation of snow on the ground now, but at least I have electricity now!
I would like to thank my wonderful friend Julie (CG) for recently nominating me for a Thinker Blog Award. Julie, you made my day! This photo of the yellow tulip is for Julie. The yellow color reminds me of the beautiful bonds of friendship, even when life seems a bit stormy. Friendship is indeed a treasure to be nurtured and cherished!
Now I have to think of a list of bloggers whose work really makes me think. Most of my favorite bloggers have already received this fantastic award, but I will do so more searching!
I so enjoy creating my blog entries. Hopefully, the weather here has to improve at some point, so that I may get out and about with my camera again. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

CG said...

Thank you for my lovely tulip, kathy, and your lovely words too. You are a real "Thinking Blogger" and you so deserve the award.

I'm sorry your weather is so awful. here's hoping sunshine is on its way to you soon...

Anna said...

Beautiful shot. The longing for spring will make it that much better!