Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Inspiration from Children's Art Work

I thought that I would use my point and shoot camera and the laptop in order to create a blog entry today. Today I spotted a display of children's art work in the hallway just outside of my school library. So, I decided to take a photograph of this colorful display.

I find myself going back to look at the children's artwork several times. Many of the children don't have these right vs wrong rules about creating artwork. They seem free to explore and discover without the fear of failing. I love their nature senses of color. They are willing to experiment with different shapes, textures, and colors. There are times when they seem to see the same objects using different perspectives than adults do.

Indeed, the children have lessons to teach all of us. First, I am reminded to take the time and really experiment with different photographic processes, even if I am not pleased with my first attempts. Also, I am reminded to look at objects using several different perspectives.

I am grateful for the lessons which these young artists continue to teach me!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love kids arrtwork....it is so imaginative and there isnt an ounce of hestiation! :)

CG said...

Great pic and great observations on the children's work too :)