Monday, July 2, 2007

Wildflowers


Here's another macro photo that I created using my Sigma 105 mm lens. These tiny flowers cried out to be photographed and I was pleased with the results. I focused on the front flower. I liked the blurred background.

Photography really does provide us with "new eyes". I am amazed at the fact that I can get really close to nature's miracles!

Photography also gives us a special way to look at life and God's creations. I had the following William Blake quotation in mind when I took this photo: "To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."

I really enjoy visiting your blogs in order to see the different ways that you view the world. It is a privilege!

3 comments:

CG said...

You always find beautiful words to go with your lovely images!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi,
I saw your blogname and was curious, I am glad I visited your blog beautiful photo,I agree that photography can change your view,

You can visit my blog also if you like, joAnn

Anna Ridley said...

Stunning, Kathy. I just love the delicate blooms and the lovely diffuse background. Superb work.

Wonderful words, as ever, to accompany your beautiful photography. It is a privilege to see how you view the world!

xoxoxo