Friday, June 29, 2007

Tiny Details



It is so good to have more time to do some blogging now that summer is here. I so enjoy visiting other people's blogs as well as posting my own entries.



I recently purchase the Sigma 105mm macro lens. Now I am enjoying the process of learning how to use this lens. First, I have learned that a photographer needs plenty of light in order to take a decent macro photos. And using a tripod definately helps!



Macro photography is challenging because it forces the photographer to really see tiny details that others might miss. It just amazes me how close I can get to an object with a macro lens!

4 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

A beautiful shot Kathy! Welcome back to blogland; I've missed you {{HUG}}

I'm glad you're enjoying your new macro lens. I have the Tamron 90mm as you know, and I love it. It's amazing what you see when you look through it!

Looking forward to lots more macro work from you.

xoxo

CG said...

The macro lens is really an eyeopener isn't it? Lovely photo; am sure it will be the first of many macros xxx

Kaycee said...

Yes, it is great to be back in blogland! More photos coming soon! Thanks for your comments, CG and Anna!

Anna said...

Kaycee, these shots are lovely and welcome back! You have been missed! :)