Friday, July 6, 2007

Purple Rain


Flowers are another reason that I enjoy making photographs during the summertime. I can still remember all of those snow banks we had to deal with all winter long. It is truly a miracle to me that we have any flowers here at all. And all summer long I can photograph single blooms like this ones, or entire gardens.
One very important photography lesson that I have learned is that I don't need bright summer light to take photos. Fortunately, I realized (after much trial and error), that diffused light was better when using a digital camera in order to make the floral photos come alive with rich colors. I photographed this purple mum after it stopped raining one summer afternoon. It was one of my first photographs and I still enjoy viewing it.

1 comment:

CG said...

You are so right about the diffused light, this shot illustrates it so well xxx