Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sweet Summertime


"Summer Sunset On the Barge Canal"





As you know, the winters here in Central New York State are snowy, bitterly cold and long. So, it is wonderful to enjoy the summertime while it is here. And to me, summertime means having more opportunities to take photos, of course!


Central New York State is certainly a lot different than the hustle and bustle of New York City.Our part of the State is dotted with small towns, rolling hills, and farmland. The beautiful Adirondack Mountains are just a 45 minute drive north from where I live. And we are blessed with many lakes, too.

I have always lived here in Central New York. Photography has given me a new way of creatively documenting the people and the landscape of this area that I call home. I can look over the Mohawk Valley and taken in the natural beauty. Sometimes I return to the nearby Finger Lakes region where I grew up, with camera and hand. It is exciting to find new subject matter to photograph amongst familiar places.

So, I will be sharing these, as well as other photos of the place that I call home during the upcoming summer season.










1 comment:

Carole said...

what a beautiful image. grea colour and well composed. it looks sp nice there.