Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Work In Progress


We had gray skies and rain showers for most of last weekend. Fortunately, the sun peeked out on Sunday afternoon. I went for a drive outside just outside of the city and found this old house alongside of the road. The wooden frame is all that is left of this long abandon house. It must have been a Victorian beauty in its day (during the late 1800's).
I stopped at took several photos of this old house. The lines and textures fascinated me. I have seen several photos of this same house at local photography shows, so I thought that I will photograph it myself. The late afternoon light was working for me.
Unfortunately, I didn't get as many photos as I would like to because the neighbors drove up when I had the camera out. I am definately going back and taking more photographs of this old house. I would like to take a wide angle photo of this house and then convert it into black and white.
For now, I would am going to work with this photo in Photoshop. I may use the artistic features in Photoshop in order to produce more digital artwork. I really enjoy working on challenging projects in Photoshop. As Stephen Nachmanovitch wrote, "Creative work is play. It is free speculation using materials of one's chosen form. "

3 comments:

Anna said...

Lovely colors and shadows here Kaycee...glad to see you are back! :)

Kaycee said...

Thanks,Anna!

CG said...

Really atmospheric shot; will hope to see more!