Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Experimentation and Frustration

I was pleased that I was able to produce a few night shots at the carnival. As I wrote in my previous entry, I have not done a lot of night or low light photography. I found it very helpful to have a photography instructor as well as experienced photographs with me last Friday night. I gained some helpful tips from them.

I was a bit frustrated due to the fact that there was a loud, noisy crowd at the carnival. I couln't hear my camera "beep" was the shot was just right. So, I really had to trust my eyes. I also found it difficult to take photos with all the people in the way. I just could get close to the objects that I wanted to photograph and I am short to begin with.

It was good to be able to try something new. I learned more about shutter speed as well as my camera's settings.

Now it is back to photographing flowers. The tulips are in bloom!

1 comment:

CG said...

That's a great shot!! Sounds like circumstances are less than ideal but you succeeded in spite of them!!