Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New York, New York!






I visited New York City last weekend with my wpnderful friend, Mary. We departed from Union Station here in Utica and traveled to New York City's Penn Station by train. (Here is a photo of Union Station taken at trackside. I am also posting an "artistic" photo of the fence.)








It took us five hours to arrive in the Big Apple. Lynn, Mary's friend from her college days, met us at Penn Station. She took care of our luggage.

I took my first subway ride from Penn Station to Broadway. We really weren't on the subway too long, but it was a good trip!

I had dinner with Mary, Lynn, and their friend Kim at a barbeque restaurant in midtown Manhatten. Mmm...delicious! And the company and converstation was fantastic!





Mary and I went shopping in the Big Apple. Here is a photo of Mary at American Girl, one of her favorite stores. Mary loves to shop there and find collectible dolls.


Mary and I were invited to stay at Lynn's apartment on Long Island. Lynne and her husband, Frank, were gracious hosts. Here is a photo of Rockville Centre, Long Island where Lynn and Frank live. The photo was taken from their train station.

I will post more photos in my next blog entries! We also went to The International Center of Photography as well as the top of the Rockefeller Center building.

4 comments:

CG said...

Great pics and I'm happy you had such a lovely day!!

Anna said...

Love that railing shot. :)

Pat said...

Lovely to see these photos, Kathy! Hope you've taken some more lately. Hope your computer isn't acting up anymore.


My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

Pat said...

Hi Kathy!

Been out with your camera lately? Now that school is finished, you'll have more time and maybe we'll get that weekend arranged after all?