Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ordinary Things


It has been a beautiful week here in Central New York State. The bright sunny days have been unseasonably warm with temperatures near 80 degrees F. The only drawback to this time of the year is that our growing season hasn't start yet. The crocuses and daffodils are in bloom, but that is about all. The trees are still bare and the tulips will bloom in May.

So, I was in the yard looking for something interesting to photograph. I came across these dried weeds and photographed them in the late afternoon sun. I like to look at ordinary things in different ways.

Oh, I feel that I have so much to relearn about photography! I haven't been able to take photos since last fall and I really need to practice! Hopefully, May will bring those coloful tulips and other wonderful flowers to photograph.

2 comments:

CG said...

Glad you have your camera back in your hands, Kathy. That's a lovely delicate photo.

CG said...

I have just been re-reading your blog, my friend. I always enjoyed your words as much as your photos. I never appreciated you enough, and I will never forget you.

Julie xx